Maybe I’m just nosey, but I’m always curious about what products other women carry around in their makeup bags. I love reading “What’s in my bag” posts on other blogs and watching videos on YouTube of my fellow beauty junkies sharing their essential products, so I thought I would share with you what I’m currently carrying in my makeup bag.
My makeup bag is usually filled to the brim with products, which I regularly rotate out with new finds. At the moment, I’m using a black leather pouch from Coach that I picked up last year at an outlet. Usually, I carry a large tote for my everyday bag, so I’ve got plenty of space for all of my goodies. I try to carry samples and travel sized products to keep my bag as light as possible.
- I always carry at least one fragrance in my bag, usually in the form of a rollerball. Lately, I’ve been using Balenciaga B., along with a few samples from Replica that I’m testing.
- Lip balms are always a staple for me wherever I go. I love the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Rose. It’s super hydrating and delivers just a hint of color. Another favorite is the Moroccan Magic lip balm in Rose. (Do we see a theme here?)
- A light moisturizer is a necessity for me, as my skin gets dry throughout the day. I love the Josie Maran Argan Infinity Cream. It’s so lightweight and smells delicious.
- I can’t live without my Glossier Balm Dotcom! It’s hands down the best all-around product I own. I use it as a lip balm, on my cuticles, as a moisturizer, to tame my brows, ect.
- Another Glossier product I never leave home without is their Stretch Concealer. It’s creamy, easy to apply with your fingers and blends like a dream.
- I always keep a couple of lipsticks in my bag. One of my all-time favorite formulas is Nars Audacious Lipstick (shown here in Barbara). I’m also carrying Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Creme Lipstick in #216 (Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang).
- Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner in Blacquer is my liner of choice, along with Kat Von D Tattoo Liner to keep my wing sharp.
- I never leave the house without an eyelash curler. Last year I bought the Surratt Beauty Relevee Lash Curler and haven’t looked back.
- A travel size Ouai Wave Spray is perfect for on-the-go hair touchups. I rotate between this Ouai Spray and my Bumble and Bumble Surf Infusion Spray for undone texture.
- This Nars blush/bronzer duo is the perfect size for travel. I always carry my MAC #129 Powder Brush also.
- The Marc Jacobs Beauty Velvet Noir Mascara delivers matte, black, lush lashes and is my mascara of choice at the moment.
- I received a travel sized Benefit Watt’s Up cream highlighter in one of my recent Sephora Play boxes and fell head over heels! It’s the perfect highlighter for a quick application and can be blended beautifully with your fingers. I’ll definitely be picking up the full size.
- Another Sephora Play find was the Verb Ghost Oil, which gives the perfect amount of smoothness and shine to the hair. It also comes in a $7 mini size – perfect for testing before the splurge!
- Peek Beauty has the cutest packaging! Their products are packaged in these adorable sliding tins and are ideal for your makeup bag. I’ve been carrying their Filter Feature in my bag for months for a natural highlight.
- On a more practical note, I carry the Sephora Snag-Free Hair Elastics everywhere with me. They come in three shades (black, brown and clear). These are the only hair elastics that never cause breakage and can hold my super thick hair. At $3.50 for a set of 8, they’re a bargain.
- One of my favorite foundations is the Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Stick Foundation and it just happens to be travel friendly. This foundation covers everything and the formula lays beautifully on my dry skin.
- Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Sticks are a must have for my makeup bag. This cream eyeshadow is easy to apply on-the-go and never creases on me, even in the stifling New England heat.
Now that you’ve gotten a peek into my makeup bag, I’d love to hear what your must haves are. What do you carry in your makeup bag?