As a New England native, I’m used to the snow and the cold weather. This winter, however, has been almost unbearable. Record amounts of snow has Bostonians cooped up in their homes for days at a time, with no end in sight. Although I love fall and winter dressing, this is the time of year where I start to grow bored of the endless layers of sweaters, coats and scarves. Aside from a few staple items that I purchased during the end of season sales, I refuse to buy another cold weather piece until next year and I turn my attention (and my wallet) towards beauty products, compiling a list of goodies that I want to get my hands on. So here’s the rundown of what’s in my shopping cart at the moment.
- Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadow Palette – I prefer palettes to single shadows, as they’re easy to travel with and save valuable time when I’m in a rush. Not only is the packaging gorgeous, but the sixteen shades in this palette are stunning. I love that all of the shadows have a matte finish.
- Elizabeth & James Nirvana Black & White Rollerball Set – I am obsessed with rollerballs. I recently cleared a half dozen of them out of my make-up bag. This tiny little duo is sized perfectly for travel and smell amazing. Rollerballs are also a great way to test a fragrance before splurging on the entire bottle.
- Smashbox Step-by-Step Contour Stick Trio – I’ve heard great reviews about these contour sticks and can’t wait to get my hands on them. The set comes with three shades (contour, highlight and bronze).
- R+CO Chiffon Styling Mousse – Since chopping all 24 inches of my hair off, I’ve been experimenting in styling my new blonde bob. One of the products that I’ve had on repeat is the Oribe Surfcomber Mousse (amazing!!) and I’ve read fab reviews on this product at The Beauty Department. And come on, the packaging is so adorable!
- Dr. Jart+ Dermaclear Micro Water – Since starting my 10-step Korean skin care routine (more on this soon), I’ve been in search of the perfect makeup removing cleanser. This is an all-natural cleansing water that removes makeup and brightens skin.
- Tom Ford Nail Lacquer in Naked – The perfect pink/nude polish for Spring.
- Yves Saint Laurent “Rouge Pur Couture” #6 – I love the peachy, pink shade of this lipstick. Are we sensing a theme here? Yes, nude nails and lips are on heavy rotation lately.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water – The winter weather has been doing a number on my skin. My normally oily skin has been exceptionally dry lately and needs a boost before applying my foundation. This primer water is packed with electrolytes to moisturize and wake up the skin, while priming the face.